Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
The national pilot office was turned into an independent company, Finnpilot Pilotage Oy, in early 2011. Changes in financial management procedures were implemented by means of modern software applications.
The pilot office has managed its finances, processing of purchase invoices, and monetary transac-tions by using a combined Jeeves/Basware/OpusCapita system. The processes and systems were put to the test at the beginning of 2011, when the office was turned into a public company, Finnpilot Pilotage Oy.
‘The impacts of the new corporate organisation were more pronounced in financial administration than in our day-to-day operations. The financial management systems required numerous changes and updates. Establishing a new company also meant that the office was now subject to value added tax. The transition phase was challenging, but we were able to get through it successfully', says Business Controller Timo Sirén of Finnpilot Pilotage Oy.
An integrated solution for electronic financial management
Modern financial management tools made the transformation project easier. ‘Linked, flexible tools and electronic processes were key requirements for successful change management,' Sirén says.
Finnpilot's new solution includes accounting, ledgers, reporting, sales invoicing, processing of pur-chase invoices, and the management of monetary transactions. The applications are integrated with the ERP system and also the payroll and travel management systems. Online management of purchase invoices extends from receipt, scanning, and registration of invoices to circulating them for approval, transferring them for payment, and entering them in accounting systems.
‘The systems produce accurate, real-time information to support response to the needs of financial management and reporting. The automation level and performance are also excellent,' says Sirén.
Results through collaboration and experience
Finnpilot has used the systems in the form of cloud services provided by Pretax. Financial admini-stration processes have been managed in-house. The collaboration has produced excellent results. ‘I am very happy with the present state of our financial administration. The challenging project is now behind us, and we are back in business as-usual mode,' Sirén comments.
A customer relationship that has continued for years entered a new stage in autumn 2011, when the sales and marketing of the Jeeves, Basware, and OpusCapita applications was transferred within the Accountor Group from Pretax to Mepco Oy. The objective of the change is to centralise and increase software solution expertise and provide more comprehensive service to customers.
‘It is important for us to be able to develop operations and systems in collaboration with a single, reliable partner. We want to put to use the full potential of our vendor's solutions and expertise in the future,' Sirén sums up.
For further information, please contact:
Finnpilot Pilotage Oy is a state-owned company responsible for supporting and promoting the safety of waterborne traffic, and a good operation environment for it. The pilotage services provided by the company improve maritime safety from the perspective of the ships, their crews, passengers, and nature. Finnpilot operates in Finland's territorial waters and on Lake Saimaa. The company has approximately 350 employees. The national pilot office was turned into a public company, Finnpilot Pilotage Oy, in early 2011. The office's 2010 turnover was nearly €35 million. For more information, please see www.finnpilot.fi.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM