The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
Numerous companies and other organisations have responded to the Baltic Sea challenge presented by the Baltic Sea Action Group and have made a commitment for the Baltic Sea. Mepco takes part by donating some of the resources required for implementation of the software solution needed for managing the rescue work.
Saving the severely polluted Baltic Sea requires concrete action and extensive collaboration among nations, authorities, companies, and experts. The resources and activities are co-ordinated by a foundation called the Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG).
‘Our objective is to promote the well-being of humans and nature, and, first and foremost, to save the Baltic Sea. We focus on resolving issues connected with eutrophication, dangerous substances, and biodiversity,' says Secretary General Mathias Bergman of the Baltic Sea Action Group.
The principle of the foundation's operation is straightforward: complex problems are broken down into smaller tasks, which are handled with the most efficient methods available. When the required resources are known, it is easy to turn to the appropriate party for aid. Commitment requests are rarely turned down. The actions that are needed are turned into concrete projects and public commitments that are made in writing and monitored actively.
‘All parties can help by doing what they specialise in,' Bergman emphasises, saying: ‘If we cannot find a good way for someone to participate right away, that commitment is set aside to wait for the right moment and need.'
A CRM solution that helps protect the Baltic Sea
Mepco wanted to contribute to the work to save the Baltic Sea. To participate in the Baltic Sea effort, Mepco did not, however, have to start arranging oil-spill prevention operations. Instead, the company could follow Bergman's advice and participate by applying its special expertise.
‘We had a great need for a solution we could use to manage our daily operations, our complex networks of relationships, and our growing database of commitments. In an organisation based on volunteer work, the turnover of workers may be relatively high, making centralised and transparent management of information very important,' Bergman says.
Mepco took up the challenge and started adapting Microsoft Dynamics CRM to the needs of the BSAG. The basic functionality of the solution that will be implemented gradually is already being used. Development will be continued actively with the aim of addressing the requirements of tasks such as launching fundraising efforts and organising the Baltic Sea Action Summit, to be held in Saint Petersburg in autumn 2012.
‘We are fortunate to have the best experts in business helping us. Mepco has managed our project with an innovative and professional touch. The CRM system implemented by Mepco will have a crucial role in the successful completion of our important task,' Bergman emphasises.
For further information, please contact:
The Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG) is a foundation that works to improve the condition of the Baltic Sea, using highly focused projects completed in co-operation with diverse partners. The foundation employs innovative methods to address problems related to biodiversity, clean and safe traffic at sea, and dangerous substances. The heads of all Baltic states and more than 140 partners made a commitment to save the Baltic Sea at the Baltic Sea Action Summit, in an initiative launched in 2010 in collaboration with the President and the Prime Minister of the Republic of Finland. More than 170 participants have made the commitment so far. The next summit will be held in Saint Petersburg, in 2012. Please visit www.bsag.fi for further information.
Mepco Oy delivers solutions for customer relationship management, finance management, enterprise resource planning, and human resource management for the public and private sectors. The company has attained Microsoft Gold Competencies in all three of its business divisions. Mepco has also been named as one of the world's top Microsoft Dynamics suppliers on three occasions. Mepco employs around a hundred people in Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Vaasa. Mepco is part of the Pretax Group, which is the largest provider of financial administration and payroll processing services in Northern Europe. In the international market, this group operates under the name Accountor Group. Additional information available from www.mepco.fi.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM