Mepco solutions used as construction-industry and construction-product-industry payroll systems Mepco HRM
Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
Peab, one of the biggest construction companies in the Nordic region, improved its payroll and work-site information collection processes by using a state-of-the-art payroll and electronic time card system.
Peab's Finnish subsidiaries started upgrading their payroll systems simultaneously with group-wide efforts for developing HR processes on an international level. In Finland, Peab formed a partnership with Mepco, whose HRM solution was the best match for the group's requirements.
‘We listened to our payroll administration personnel's wishes when selecting the solution. In addition to user-friendliness, I personally emphasised the solution's use of the latest technologies, small system footprint, and interfacing capabilities that will be used to integrate the system with our other group-level systems,' says Chief Financial Officer Kaisa Ilmakunnas of Peab Oy.
‘We knew Mepco's experts from previous projects. Our mutual trust simplified the launch of the project,' says Katriina Peltola, who is in charge of Peab Oy's payroll administration.
The payroll system was deployed on schedule in early 2011. ‘Despite our rather tight schedule, the project was a success, and the solution has adapted to our requirements very well,' Peltola sums up.
Solutions tailored for industry-specific needs
The solution is used to pay the salaries of approximately 800 employees, across all Peab companies in Finland. The calculation processes comply with the collective labour agreements of both the construction and the construction product industry. Time information is collected from individual work sites through an electronic time card system.
‘Electronic time cards have already been deployed successfully at several work sites. The application is used to collect data on working hours, assign them to purchase orders, and transfer them to payroll administration. The solution will be rolled out gradually to all of Peab's work sites in Finland,' Peltola says.
In addition to data collection processes, the payroll system is integrated with financial administration and project management systems. Further integration features are on the horizon, including integration with Peab's international HR management system.
Payslips are sent to employees by means of Itella's iPost service or by e-mail. Reporting features are used to provide the reports required by regulations and to produce data for the company's internal needs. Distributed services provide easy access to information for groups such as company executives and work-site managers.
Efficient online processes
The solution has modernised Peab's payroll processes and made them more effective. ‘Thanks to electronic data collection processes, redundant work of entering working hours manually has been eliminated. Reporting has also become much easier. The end result is that employees have been able to allocate their working hours to productive activities instead of manual tasks,' Peltola elaborates.
Ilmakunnas adds: ‘Online processes that are linked together reduce errors and make communication easier. The solution's flexible and modern system architecture make it possible to develop larger systems with optimal specifications.'
Collaboration between Peab and Mepco has worked very well and produced the desired results. ‘Mepco's experts have proved to be very experienced and professional,' Ilmakunnas says, expressing her thanks.
Users too have been satisfied with the new tools. ‘User feedback has been very positive. I am also very satisfied with our partner's expertise and attitude. We have reached our project milestones, and our collaboration with Mepco will continue,' Peltola sums up.
For further information, please contact:
For Mepco Oy:
Riitta Keltamäki, Director, at tel. +358 400 233 152 or send e-mail
For Peab Oy:
Kaisa Ilmakunnas, Chief Financial Officer, at tel. +358 50 360 3808 or send e-mail and
Katriina Peltola, Head of Payroll Administration, at tel. +358 20 760 6727 or send e-mail
Peab Oy and Peab Infra Oy are part of Peab Group, one of the largest construction companies in the Nordic region. Peab AB is listed in Stockholm Stock Exchange. The group's annual turnover is approximately 3.5 billion euros. The company employs approximately 800 staff in Finland. Peab Oy builds and develops housing and business property solutions, and Peab Infra works with earth and water construction projects. For more information, please visit the Web site www.peab.com (in English) or www.peab.fi (in Finnish).
Mepco Oy delivers solutions for customer relationship management, finance management, enterprise resource planning, and human resource management for the public and private sectors. The company has attained Microsoft Gold Competencies in all three of its business divisions. Mepco has also been named as one of the world's top Microsoft Dynamics suppliers on three occasions. Mepco employs around a hundred people in Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Vaasa. Mepco is part of the Pretax Group, which is the largest provider of financial administration and payroll processing services in Northern Europe. In the international market, this group operates under the name Accountor Group. Additional information available from www.mepco.fi.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM