Our new payroll and HR solution is Mepco HRM
Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
Publishing house Keskisuomalainen Oyj is renewing its payroll and HR processes, and the associated systems. The solution delivered by Mepco Oy saves costs and supports staff development.
Developing payroll and HR processes and renewing systems are part of a large project aimed at improving the productivity of the entirety of Keskisuomalainen Group.
‘We are updating our payroll administration and HR management processes and technologies to meet today's standards. We are computerising our processes, developing our communications, and cutting costs,' says Chief Financial Officer Heikki Linnavirta of Keskisuomalainen Oyj.
The solution delivered for Keskisuomalainen includes payroll administration, HR management, and reporting functions for 1,000 employees. The application is integrated into newspaper editing and publishing systems as well as the control systems of printing works. Information is also collected by means of Mepco's electronic time card system and various online forms. HR management tools support the work of managers.
Mepco HRM was selected after a careful review of all solutions available. To support decision-making, experiences were collected of systems and vendors used by other companies in the publishing business.
‘Satisfied users and positive feedback made it easy to choose Mepco. Comprehensive functionality, an easily learned user interface, ability for distributed services, and modern on-line tools are important to us. Mepco's solution is optimal also in terms of security and information administration,' Linnavirta says.
The system will be deployed by summer 2011.
For further information, please contact:
For Mepco Oy: Director Riitta Keltamäki, at tel. +358 400 233 152 or send e-mail
For Keskisuomalainen Oy: Chief Financial Officer Heikki Linnavirta, at tel. +358 14 622 232 or send e-mail
Keskisuomalainen Oyj is a communications and publishing group that publishes newspapers, prints and distributes newspapers and other print products, and provides electronic communication services. The company is listed on the OMX Nordic Exchange Helsinki. Regional newspapers owned by the company include Keskisuomalainen, Savon Sanomat, Iisalmen Sanomat, and Warkauden Lehti. The group also publishes 16 regional papers and six city newspapers. The company's printing works are located in Jyväskylä, Kuopio, and Pieksämäki. The group also includes early-delivery service provider Savon Jakelu Oy, advertising agency Mediasepät Oy, and research company Tietoykkönen Oy. The group has approximately 1,000 employees. For more information, please see the company's Web site, at www.keskisuomalainen.com (in Finnish).
Mepco Oy delivers solutions for customer relationship management, finance management, enterprise resource planning, and human resource management for the public and private sectors. The company has attained Microsoft Gold Competencies in all three of its business divisions. Mepco has also been named as one of the world's top Microsoft Dynamics suppliers on three occasions. Mepco employs around a hundred people in Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Vaasa. Mepco is part of the Pretax Group, which is the largest provider of financial administration and payroll processing services in Northern Europe. In the international market, this group operates under the name Accountor Group. Additional information available from www.mepco.fi.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM