Microsoft Dynamics CRM chosen for Customer Relationship Management
Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
Ensto, a manufacturer of electrical systems and equipment, has deployed a new system for sales, marketing, and customer service. With this solution, based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the company, which operates in 17 countries, seeks to improve the effectiveness, transparency, and reliability of its front office operations. The system has been delivered in stages by Mepco Oy, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Previously, the Ensto Group had several different CRM systems in simultaneous use. There was an extensive need on every level of the company for a centralised, uniform solution, and for customer information available to everyone.
’Despite our versatile international activities, both we and our customers regard us as a single company. It is important for the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and customer service that we have all information about our customers, and for the information to be available for all who need it. That is why we needed a CRM system that covers the entire company,’ says Marketing Manager Minna Forsström from Ensto.
Users Satisfied with the Solution
Ensto carefully evaluated several CRM systems in 2005 and found that Microsoft Dynamics CRM fits their needs best.
’In the selection phase, we gave special consideration to the views of our sales organisation. Their message was clear. Microsoft Dynamics CRM, which integrates well with Outlook e-mail, met the needs of the users best, thanks to its outstanding usability,’ says Project Manager Jukka Majander from Ensto.
As their partner, Ensto selected Mepco Oy, a leading specialist in Microsoft solutions.
’We wanted an experienced partner. Of the candidates, Mepco had implemented the greatest number of Microsoft CRM deployments in Finland. In addition, we carried out a pilot project to ensure that the product and the partner were suitable for us,’ adds Majander.
The first phase was completed quickly. The system was taken into use with 50 users in the Ensto Enclosures and Components unit in May 2006.
’The deployment was carried out exactly as we planned,’ says Majander.
’Users have been happy with the system and have utilised it actively, which is probably quite rare in information systems’ early phase of use. Users in our company are motivated by their will to learn, not by compulsion,’ adds Forsström.
Powerful Front Office Tools
With the new CRM software, Ensto comprehensively controls its sales, marketing, and customer service. After the expansion of the system’s use to the Utility Networks and Building Technology units, the number of the system’s users will increase to over 300, in 17 countries. The flexibility and scalability of the software facilitate the adaptation of the system to a diverse operating environment where products, customer groups, and distribution channels change constantly.
’Our primary goal is to make our salespeople’s daily work, contact management, and the planning and reporting of customer meetings more efficient. We will start the actual sales processes later. First we will gather data about our salespeople’s methods and form a clear understanding of best practices,’ says Majander.
The CRM system is also a tool for marketing and customer service. Segmentation and a clear general view of customers can improve the precision of front office activities. Effective allocation saves resources and increases sales, whereas management of customer feedback and complaints improves the quality of customer service and customer satisfaction.
’Up-to-date information about taken actions and customer feedback guarantees that customers will not be bounced. While serving a customer, an employee can immediately see what has been done and who is in charge of the customer,’ says Majander.
Essential factors from the viewpoint of sales personnel and the management include monitoring of operations and sales prediction.
’The solution makes monitoring of sales personnel’s activity, monitoring of offers, and prediction of sales more efficient. When salespeople enter their customer meetings and offers into the CRM system, up-to-date reports can be printed with a single push of a button. Separate reporting is no longer needed,’ adds Majander.
People at Ensto are enthusiastic about the expansion of the system’s use. Experiences of the system have created enthusiasm for its further development; there are users who would like to see the expansion progress even faster than planned.
’The software is gaining popularity, thanks to its solid usability and functionality,’ says Majander.
The project has, however, been so demanding that a skilled supplier has been an absolute necessity.
’A solution that truly supports business can be created only through customisation and integration that cannot be implemented without a skilled and experienced partner,’ says Majander.
Ensto has been supported well by Mepco.
‘We are satisfied with the Mepco employees’ expertise, attitude, and work contribution at every level of operations,’ conclude Majander and Forsström.
Director Hannu Kaukonen, tel. +358 400 527 681, send e-mail
Ensto is an international group specialising in the development, manufacture, and marketing of electrical systems and supplies, founded in 1958. Ensto has three business units: Ensto Enclosures and Components, specialising in enclosure solutions; Ensto Building Technology, which supplies electrical installation products and control systems; and Ensto Utility Networks, specialising in solutions for the distribution of electricity. The company has approximately 1,300 employees, in 17 countries. The Group’s net turnover for 2005 totalled 178.6 billion euros. For more information, visit http://www.ensto.com/.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM