Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution, delivered by Mepco
Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
Electronics manufacturing services company Elcoteq introduced its new sales process with the help of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM software. Elcoteq, a global organisation, has placed especially high value on a methodical approach, transparency, and ease of daily work in sales operations. The solution was adapted to the needs of Elcoteq by Mepco Oy, the most experienced Microsoft Dynamics CRM specialist in Finland.
Elcoteq renewed their CRM system as part of a comprehensive development of sales operations.
’We wanted the new system to replace our underutilised customer information system and particularly to support the newly developed processes and procedures for our sales operations,’ says Project Manager Ikla Puustinen from Elcoteq.
Elcoteq decided to select Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
’We made our decision on the basis of, for instance, the user interface, which is clear and familiar to us from Outlook, as well as the readiness of the system for use, its ease of deployment, and the good prospects for product development,’ says Project Manager Lauri Tarkkonen from Elcoteq.
As the supplier of the system the rapidly growing global electronics company chose Mepco Oy, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with extensive experience of Dynamics CRM deliveries, especially for large technology companies.
’An important factor affecting our decision was Mepco’s breadth of experience and the number of Dynamics CRM implementations they have delivered,’ says Tarkkonen.
The new CRM solution was implemented after a pilot phase in spring 2006. The system was flexibly adapted to the requirements of Elcoteq’s sales processes.
’The implementation project was a success. Its ready-to-use features and adaptability matched our expectations well,’ adds Tarkkonen.
International Teamwork Becomes More Effective
The new CRM system is used by the whole of Elcoteq’s global sales organisation, almost 80 people. The software is utilised in sales project control and monitoring, for management of client companies’ complex structure, and as a daily contact tool.
’Thanks to the effective offline use of the system, our on-the-road sales personnel can also utilise the system wirelessly,’ says Puustinen.
The fact that the new CRM system covers the entire company has made the activities of the global sales organisation more transparent. Whereas sales personnel previously gave reports once a month, sales projects now are under real-time monitoring.
’Reporting has become clearer since sales project information is uniform and can be easily accessed. The new system has also facilitated the sharing and storing of project documentation,’ adds Puustinen.
In addition, the latest Microsoft technology provided a good basis for integration of systems. Connecting the CRM system to an intranet environment based on Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server enabled the integration of document management and customer relationship management. The connection was implemented using an integration component developed by Mepco.
The software also offers ready-to-use functionality suitable for Elcoteq's marketing personnel, and, to some extent, these features have already been put to use.
A Reliable Solution Delivered by an Experienced Partner
The co-operation between Elcoteq and Mepco has already produced good results.
’Dynamics CRM has proved to be a carefree, reliable system. Mepco has also answered our wishes with their flexible attitude and fast reaction,’ says Tarkkonen.
’All in all, the investment we have made is rather small, considering the benefits we have achieved. I am also very satisfied with the effort of our partner in the project. Mepco has provided us with the experience, innovativeness, and problem-solving abilities that we have desired,’ concludes Puustinen.
Senior Consultant Heikki Kontuniemi, send e-mail, tel. +358 50 357 5201
Elcoteq SE is a leading electronics manufacturing services (EMS) company with original design manufacturing (ODM) operations in the communications technology field. Elcoteq provides global end-to-end solutions consisting of design, NPI, manufacturing, supply chain management, and after-sales services for the whole life cycle of its customers' products. These products include terminal products such as mobile phones and set-top boxes as well as communications network equipment such as base stations, tower-top amplifiers, and microwave systems. The company operates in 16 countries, on four continents, and employs approximately 23,000 people. Elcoteq’s consolidated net sales for 2005 totalled 4.2 billion euros. Elcoteq SE is listed on the Helsinki stock exchange. For more information, visit the Elcoteq Web site at http://www.elcoteq.com/.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM