Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
Finland's largest private health services company, Terveystalo, directs its customers to the correct specialists through a centralised human resource management system. The HRM solution, created in response to the company's business needs, contains the data of approximately 6,000 employees and independent subcontractors.
With rapidly expanding operations, Terveystalo faced increasing challenges in managing the data of employees and independent service providers.
‘Human resources are the most important production factor in the service sector, and also at Terveystalo. That is why efficient human resource management is essential for our business and customer service,' explains Terveystalo's Head of Human Resources Johanna Karppi.
‘We needed a complete solution for the management and reporting of information on our specialists, as well as for payroll administration. Our goal was to make procedures smoother, and to improve our customer service,' describes Anna-Maija Trygg, a project manager at Terveystalo.
Business needs as a starting point
Terveystalo began the development of its HR services in collaboration with Mepco Oy. Mepco HRM turned out the solution that best met the requirements of Terveystalo's 150 locations - it was modern, was user-friendly, and offered good interfacing capabilities.
The first stage was careful analysis of the needs, with business operations support services personnel. Several workgroups, and representatives from dozens of units, were asked to express their wishes. After the pilot stage, the new system was deployed in early 2012.
‘The project was a true success. The parties committed to the challenging schedule, and they kept to it perfectly. Mepco did really well in its most extensive HRM project,' says Karppi.
The data of 6,000 people in one place
Terveystalo has approximately 3,000 employees and equally many independent suppliers listed in its HRM system. Total hours worked are retrieved from various data collection systems for payroll calculations. Information is exported from the system for bookkeeping-related, learning portal, in-tranet, and electronic services. In an integrated solution, each piece of information is fed in to the system only once.
In the health-care sector, it is very important to be aware of the expertise and rights of doctors and other specialists. Terveystalo's HRM system contains information about elements such as work experience, competencies, courses and training, degrees, licences, and language skills.
‘Skills information is utilised in online appointments to help patients easily and reliably find the most suitable expert and get the right treatment without delays,' explains Trygg.
The use of the system has been decentralised to include all staff. The most active users are the many hundreds of supervisors. ‘The system's flexible reporting tools also facilitate the work of the corporate management in planning and follow-up of business operations, and in decision-making,' explains Karppi.
The objective - client satisfaction
A centralised HRM system has made processes electronic, created more efficient information management, and begun facilitating operations at all levels of the organisation. Paperwork and manual tasks have been reduced. This saves time, money, and the environment.
‘The system makes internal processes more efficient. More importantly, however, it supports the service business of our company. The proportion of electronic appointments at Terveystalo has already increased to 50%. The HR system linked to online services is a huge step in the development of our customer services. A satisfied and well-cared-for patient is the starting point for all of our operations,' emphasises Karppi.
Results through professional expertise and the correct attitude
The staff at Terveystalo view the solution positively. ‘People are satisfied, because the system handles concrete issues in everyday processes and supervisory tasks, making everyone's work easier,' highlights Trygg.
Karppi, in turn, says: ‘I'm proud of all parties in the project. Solid expertise and a flexible attitude have led to an excellent result.'
‘The co-operation with Mepco has been smooth and profitable. Together we have found the solutions that best serve our organisation,' adds Trygg.
For further information, please contact:
At Mepco Oy:
Director Riitta Keltamäki, tel. +358 400 233 152 or send e-mail
Terveystalo is Finland's largest private health services company. It provides health-care services, occupa-tional health services, medical treatment, and laboratory services from 150 locations in Finland. Terveystalo's customers are private individuals, companies and other organisations (including insurance companies), and public-sector actors. In total, Terveystalo has approximately 6,000 employees, all professionals in the health-care sector. For more information, please visit www.terveystalo.com.
Mepco Oy develops its customers' business with solutions for customer relationship management, financial management, enterprise resource planning, and human resource management. The company is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in all three of its fields of business. Mepco has also been named as one of the world's top Microsoft Dynamics suppliers on four occasions. Mepco employs around 140 people in Finland, in Helsinki, Tampere, Turku, and Vaasa. Mepco is part of the Accountor Group's Software Division. Accountor Group is the largest provider of financial administration and payroll processing services in Northern Europe. For more information, visit www.mepco.fi.
References and news in English
- Telinekataja gained substantial benefits by handling its financial management and payroll operations internally
- Growth and the power of co-operation
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) has chosen Mepco HRM as its payroll and human resource management system
- Svea Rahoitus and Svea Perintä are bringing their payroll back in-house with Mepco HRM
- GS-Hydro harmonises its international sales
- Mepco has joined the global CRMpact network of suppliers, serving international Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers
- Accountor Group supports Baltic Sea Action Group in its efforts to save the Baltic Sea
- OpusCapita and Mepco enter a strategic partnership
- M-Brain acquired a business unit from Cision Finland and combined the sales organisations
- Accountor Group to bring its software business together under one division - while companies remain independent
- Efficient budgeting and forecasting solution for Jeeves ERP users
- Terveystalo’s customer service supported by an HRM service adapted to its business needs
- 3 Step IT’s dashboard tracks sales and forecasts for 14 countries
- A period of unprecedented growth – the Managing Director’s annual review for 2011
- The AxPact network, supporting multinational Microsoft Dynamics AX customers, has landed in Finland
- Mepco starts supply of Jeeves ERP systems, continuing the work of the Accountor Group
- A new HRM solution enables Ensto to support efficient human resource management in 20 countries
- Candyking internationalised its efficient systems and practices for processing of purchase invoices
- Outotec’s payroll team are set to deliver strong performance
- Tammermatic develops washing services and customer relationships
- Microsoft selects Mepco as CRM Partner 2011
- The Baltic Sea Action Group works to save the Baltic Sea, with Mepco participating in the campaign
- Finnpilot was established according to modern financial management methods
- Holiday Club extends its operations – supported by a comprehensive payroll, human resource management, and recruitment system
- Mepco is again the only Finnish company among Microsoft’s top Dynamics vendors
- Mehiläinen benefits from having its own payroll administration
- Sodexo made things simple for sales with a flexible CRM cloud service
- Terveystalo, a rapidly growing Finnish health service provider, fulfils its service commitments by utilising a shared HR management solution
- Peab renews its payroll and information collecting processes
- Nokian Renkaat improves management of personnel and customer data
- NCC Rakennus improved its information management by using electronic time cards
- Keskisuomalainen cuts costs but not employee well-being
- Gold across the board – The Managing Director’s annual review for 2010
- Mepco continues to rise in the rankings of Finland’s best places to work
- Microsoft raises the bar for gold award – Mepco surpasses requirements to join the elite group
- Adapting financial and HR management solutions and services to changing needs
- A comprehensive, up-to-date solution for managing Kiinko’s customer relations and training activities
- Agrimarket moves towards customer-focused sales methods, supported by a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- A new solution modernises municipalities’ financial management
- A streamlined financial management and payroll system helps the Go On Group to double its business
- Mepco Joins the 2010 Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- The City of Turku harmonises its stakeholder management with a CRM solution supplied by Mepco
- AinaCom controls and forecasts sales with real-time facts
- Exel Composites took control of its payroll services with Mepco’s HRM solution
- Mepco and Pretax in close collaboration after company merger
- Managing Director's Annual Review for 2009: Constant growth under challenging circumstances
- Mepco has been accepted as the only Finnish supplier in the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle group
- Ensto - Microsoft Dynamics Customer Solution Case Study
- Tikkurila harmonises its sales of industrial paints with an international CRM solution
- Paroc harmonises international sales and customer relationship management with a centralised CRM solution
- Mepco Named to Elite Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- Mepco becomes Microsoft Dynamics Solution Partner for 2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Has Improved the Efficiency of Teleste’s Global Sales Operations
- Integrated CRM System Makes Elcoteq’s Global Sales Transparent
- Ensto Supports Global Sales with a Centralised CRM solution
- Elektrobit Improves the Control and Monitoring of Global Sales with Microsoft Dynamics CRM